Currently im seeing a naturopath and he does meridian stress assessment to identify the best approach to heal me so I will use whatever chelating agent is appropriate for my body (he tests each one individually and picks the best one).
Unfortunately I had to get vacinnated for work to go overseas (I wasnt too literate on vaccine dangers at the time) but my naturopath assured me that the thimerosal could be removed (still doesnt make a case to go and get a vaccine however, more of an after the fact solution).
Its a tough decision on whether or not to remove all the Amalgams and start chelating before going overseas because its possible your health might decline as you can shock your body; on the other hand if your so sick now and are confident of the connection between mercury levels and your symptoms and aware of possible temporary worsening of symptoms, than perhaps you can go for it.
Something to think about
Good luck :)