CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Why on earth Am I so BLOATED?

happydog Views: 4,200
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 360,625

Re: Why on earth Am I so BLOATED?

Hi san, I sure sympathize with you. I thought I was done with that problem for good when I learned about food combining but periodically I have to readjust and learn new things.

Here are a couple of ideas. Are you familiar with your dosha? As a vata, raw foods make me bloat. I can tolerate small amounts of some things, like salads or fruit, but a whole meal of raw vegetables or raw juice swells me up big time. I found that taking digestive enzymes of all things was making me bloat. I was taking them to IMPROVE my digestion but they surely made me bloat. I've read that if you have swollen glands you shouldn't take them. Some people report that certain probiotics cause bloating. Some people say coconut oil will affect them because it causes die off of candida. You may need to experiment with subtracting things one at a time to see if you can discover a "trigger."

You might want to read the faqs on the old Ask Shelley forum. She had a lot of good information for digestion.

Your water intake seems awfully high, although I don't know why that would make you bloated, but it seems like an awful lot of water.

I've started taking slippery elm before each meal and that has helped my digestion more than anything else I've done. Also, reducing the size of my meals. Andreas says not to eat more than you can hold in your cupped hands and eat slowly and when I do that my digestion is SO much better. I was eating too fast and because of that it took too long to feel satisfied and I kept packing it in. I've had to practice leaving the table before I feel full and then wait a few minutes until I realize that yes I am full after all.

Digestion has been a tricky thing for me to "fix" although I've learned a lot from working on it. Good luck, I hope something here helps you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (1)