CureZone   Log On   Join
breastfeeding when mother smokes

happydog Views: 1,147
Published: 13 years ago

breastfeeding when mother smokes

I'm keeping my grandson while his mom works. He will be 3 months old on Feb 17. He seems to be a very fussy and generally unhappy little camper. The only thing that keeps him reasonably happy for any length of time is feeding him every two hours. If I try to stretch out his feedings he is just really miserable so I just feed him. At home she feeds him every couple of hours too.

She's breastfeeding and pumping while at work so he only has breastmilk. It occurred to me maybe it's because just like she needs a cigarette every couple of hours he also gets cravings or withdrawal symptoms and needs a "fix" every couple of hours. Could this be why he's only content for a short while after he eats? I have read that even when the mother smokes it's still better for the baby to have breastmilk than formula but doesn't the nicotine still affect the babys disposition?

Or is it simply that a two or three month old breastfed baby still NEEDS to eat every two hours and it's no big deal? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)