CureZone   Log On   Join
Prostate and colon cancer and the J pouch

Views: 3,064
Published: 16 years ago

Prostate and colon cancer and the J pouch

My brother, 57, was recently dx'd with multiple colon polyps (thousands) and biopsy showed one of the 7 biopsies was cancer. It has just broken the polyp wall and is now in the colon, very early stage. The doctors said that he had to remove colon and rectum to PREVENT other polyps from turning cancerous. They are going to do the J pouch which is basically attaching the small intestine to a small part of the rectum (the rest of the rectum goes together with the colon). Upon doing further tests they found he has prostate cancer, 7 of the 8 biopsies cancerous.

Now they say that the prostate also has to be removed. However they cannot operate the J pouch and then the prostate. So they have to do the prostate first and then in same operation try to do the J pouch; if they can't then they recommend he do the op whereby he wears the outside bag always.

I told him to do the prostate if he thought it was necessary and cut out only the section of the colon where the cancer is. That he can then recoup and in interim try to do alternative things for cancer prevention and also I read recently about lactic acid fermented foods (like cabbage and sauerkraut) that completely eliminates colon polyps in 4-6 wks. He wants all of the cancer out immediately. I also told him that what he is doing is NOT curing him of cancer; it is just cutting it out; that he has to alkalize his body or do something so that the cancer doesn't invade somewhere else. He is aware of it and said he will deal with it after surgery. All this is extremely difficult surgery and a very tough recovery.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? The surgery is scheduled in 5 days.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

5.797 sec, (1)