CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Healthy Fats, Coconut ?? Palm kernal Oil??

cbelle Views: 2,174
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 333,130

Re: Healthy Fats, Coconut ?? Palm kernal Oil??

Yeah the health industry is in need of a shake up.
I have done a bit of research on fats/oils and what I found is that unless you consume the right types of fats/oils,[or none at all!!] your body will compensate and manufacture cholesterol, which is not a good thing. We need cholesterol because it is the precursor of hormones in our bodies. Without it we can't manufacture the hormones we need to function normally, ie. without disease.

The oils have to be formulated properly, carefully stored and used in moderation. And of course not be rancid - all except coconut oil will go rancid some time after extraction. [ even minutes].

Coconut, Olive oil and butter are the good oils. The saturated fatty acids of unrefined organic coconut oil is the best because it never goes rancid and has an essential fatty acid Lauric Acid [ immune boosting]. It is antiviral, anti-microbial, anti-protozoal and anti-cancinogenic. It is also safe for cooking, as heat doesnt effect it.

The fatty acids in butter are valuable to the immune system, and the lipids protect gastrointestinal health, and omega-3 fats. Butter is only of benefit if it has come from and organic or bio dynamic farm - grass fed/no chemical cows.

Flax seed oil goes rancid very quickly, it is highly unstable, and therefore should be avoided as rancidity promotes cancer. Freshly ground flax seed is entirely different and is a very valuble food
Canola oil [formerly rapeseed oil], made from a plant that is listed as a poison, congests the blood and restricts the flow of lymph fluid.

Polyunsaturated fats interfere with thyroid hormone and thyroid gland, which is essential for bone health.
Trans-fat is the one that should be absolutely avoided at all times. Anything that says partially hydrogenized fat, that means trans-fat.
Theres heaps more, i could go on, but i wont.
*wipes brow* phew...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

10.781 sec, (1)