CureZone   Log On   Join
Candida in the sinuses: Does anyone know if "flora" exists there?

Grrr Views: 2,218
Published: 20 years ago

Candida in the sinuses: Does anyone know if "flora" exists there?

I have suffered for a long time with sinus headaches due to my candidiasis condition which I have been fighting for a number of years. It occurs to me that since Antibiotics and steroids allow it to get a foothold in the gut,(which is how mine got started) that the same thing can happen in the mucosa of the sinuses by using steroid nasal sprays (which I have used many times).

So, my question is to anyone who may know... Since a healthy intestinal system contains millions of friendly bacterium, does the sinuses likewise contain similar flora that fights off airborne invaders such as pollen, mold spores, etc., much like the flora in the gut fights off unhealthy invaders that are ingested? If it does, would it be logical to introduce probiotics to the sinuses? In the years I have been battling this disease, I have improved and relapsed many times, and I have to believe that even though I may have killed off a large part of the candida in my sinuses at times, that it has returned due to the fact that there is nothing there to inhibit it's return. Just like it happens in the gut when you don't replace your flora.

So, does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or any experience? I have a very potent probiotic called Primal Defense which could be used in liquid form to add to the sinuses if it would be safe to do so. But I do not want to start putting bacteria into my head without first finding out if anyone else has done it, and what effects it will have.

Any thoughts are appreciated. You can write me at my email address: Grrr036@aol.com.

Thanks,
Gary

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (1)