CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: To Richard and Pam

Views: 85,010
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 329,856

Re: To Richard and Pam

Hi Skylah,

First of all...LISTEN TO YOUR OWN BODY! You are absolutely right that people differ in how they react to foods, what their body needs, and how they respond to any sort of treatment or therapy.

With regard to candida, this yeast/fungi uses sugars as its food source. Ingestion of carbohydrates (sugars, starches, cellulose and gums) promotes an over-growth of candida when the digestive, immune and endocrine systems have been compromised. Carbohydrates occur in both fruits and vegetables, as well as any starches, to different degrees. Some people find that they can tolerate fruit, or some fruits, while others need to avoid it entirely...as well as vegetables that contain higher concentrations of sugars such as beets and carrots.

At my worst I was unable to tolerate any fruits (except lemon)without having a reaction. As my health improved I was able to gradually reintroduce them, beginning with some berries, citrus, Watermelon and apples. Now I can eat any fruit and indulge in a pastry now and then with no problem...although some reactions occur if I overdo it. (This is not necessarily a sign of Candida...anyone can react to eating too much junk!) I avoided all fruit juices and dried fruits, too, because they have a higher concentration of sugars.

Fresh and organic is always best for anyone if you can get/afford it.

There are many schools of thought about diet, including what is appropriate for addressing Candida. I am not a vegetarian and do not adhere to any particular dietary philosophy. I have found that my body functions better when I include meat in my diet...and particularly beef. I use meat more as a condiment, however, and eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Again...I think it is most important that you pay attention to your own body and do what works for you.

Pam

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.328 sec, (1)