CureZone   Log On   Join
10 yr old son Tony with eczema and psoriasis

Views: 1,220
Published: 16 years ago

10 yr old son Tony with eczema and psoriasis

Hello my name is Sara and my 10 yr old son Tony is suffering from eczema and psoriasis.

Tony's eczema started as a infant and would be worse some yrs than others. Than this year we noticed that he had a quarter shape red ring scaly on his upper thigh . We took him into his family Dr. and they first dignosed this as ring worm ,So for 2 weeks we applied the ointment for this and had'nt noticed any difference accept for now he was getting pea shaped red scaly marks on back of legs, feet, elbows, under his wrist and hands and most recently bewtween fingers .

So we took him back into his regular family Dr. and he said it was a toss up between nummbler eczema or Psoriasis . We were given Cutivate cream to apply 2 times daily .

This when applied would burn Tony's skin so bad we would have to wash it off .
We took him back into the clinic and than they scraped and tested 2 spots . The big ring on his upper thigh was nummbler eczema and the one spot they tested on his arm was psoriasis.

This really confused his Dr. he wasn't sure or never seen any one with both at the same time and although the Dr. has dealt with elders having Psoriasis he never saw a 10 yr old with it. He than gave Tony eildel cream and that to burned him really bad .. Confused and not getting any answers from the Dr. I turned to my Grandfather whom has Psoriasis for 3o yrs , He told us to use coal tar cream and beleive it our not it does not burn . It also seems to be taking the scaling down .

I just feel so much for my son . He now is embrassed to wear short sleeve shirts to school because he is loaded on arms with psoriasis .

Just looking for support and any feedback would be great .

Tony's Great Grandfather has psoriasis I was wondering is it heridatary ?

Sara

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)