CureZone   Log On   Join
New here, but going back to meat

fsnaturelady Views: 2,437
Published: 14 years ago

New here, but going back to meat

Hi, there,

I hope that this forum gets more active. I have been trying to go 'raw only' for some time, have spent a small fortune on various books, etc. However, I am also quite busy these days (when I used to be in the kitchen!) and so we go out to eat far too much; because we work at home, it is our way of getting rid of some stress.

For the past year, through all of my investigations and participation in forums, etc., I have created a lot of angst for myself and it has got to stop!

I found Neanderthin (still to get) and We Want to Live and his second book -- still to get these also.

I had tried Sally Fallon's way last year and loved it, even got pasture-fed meat (four-hour drive from our house) which we were not fussy on, so I'm in a quandry there. Having tried to get more raw into our diets will make the Paleo fairly easy to do. I live in the pesticide-ridden fruit belt of Niagara and have difficulty finding free-range chickens close by -- another two-hour drive. I am even thinking of driving to Syracuse -- another 2 - 3 hour drive to get raw milk, etc. after I check out Customs to see if I can bring them in. It is illegal to sell raw milk here in Ontario, Canada. I would LOVE to get the raw milk and butter -- when I was about 10, I had some fresh cow's milk -- yummy!

Packaged foods are an extreme rarity in our household -- when the boys were at home, everything was from scratch. Although I quite enjoy being in the kitchen, I don't when I have to be working at home as well -- some odd quirk that I have.

This weekend, I found a couple of interesting papers which really explained to me the difference between the traditional cooked veggies, breads and meat fare compared to a raw veggies, no-grain, and meat which makes our bodies quite acidic -- and set up for disease. Although the meat is acidic, it's the REMOVAL of the cooked and junk and the ADDITION of the raw veggies, raw fruits, raw nuts and raw dairy that tip the body into the alkaline. ('Cooking as a biological trait')

Since I have trouble with wheat, no problem, but I do have a big sack of spelt grains! Drat!

I figure that if I get the above-mentioned books that I will have enough to work with, adding them to Sally Fallon's, Nourishing Traditions.

It would seem that the real culprits are the processed additions. Although I would love not to have to eat meat, I'm going to have to assume that this is how it should be. There are no perfect answers!

I have been rehydrating myself with the Celtic Sea Salt and water; I don't believe that this process is included in the Paleo? Once rehydrated, I wonder if the veggies and fruits and regular water would be sufficient to stay hydrated? Without the water-gathering acidic grains, then perhaps so.

I am looking for the best eating habits for my hubby and me so that we can have loads of energy and don't spiral into illness. We are in pretty good shape at the moment, just a few pounds to unload.

Although D'Adamo's work gets slammed, I bought his first Blood Type book because everything that had been removed from my diet (I had been muscle-tested) was on his list for Blood Type O! So, I figured that it might apply to the other blood types.

I already feel my angst subsiding with finally having made the decision to go back to a more normal way of life. So, my journey over this past year has been fruitful in that I have become more used to raw foods and decreased my consumption of grains -- gotta stop that pizza when out! I now have a super juicer, the Omega 8005, and the powerful Vita-mix. I daresay that a Dehydrator might be valuable if we wanted to dry some fruits and veggies or if we wanted to have some type of nut or seed crackers?

Kindest thoughts.

fsnaturelady

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (2)