CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: lacto-fermented veggies?

candowithout Views: 1,219
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 301,694

Re: lacto-fermented veggies?

Hi

I make my own fermented vegies. I do not use any starter but use cabbage as it has its own 'starter' built in.

Shred your cabbage and any other vegies you wish to use. [I have used beetroot and green apple, carrots and diakon, spinach and cauliflower. I also add spices like mustard seeds, fennel seeds, juniper berries, corriander seeds etc.] I am not sure about the ratios but I stick to at least half cabbage.

Put vegies in jar.

Take a handfull of cabbage and blend with water. Pour over the veges and pack down with your fist. Put some of the whole outer cabbage leaves on the top and try to seal it by pushing the leaves down the sides. Cover jar with several layers of muslin held in place with a rubber band. You can also seal the jar with a lid but make sure you leave a couple of inches space at the top.

Leave in dark cupboard for 6 days. I have left them for up to 10 days and they are even better.

Hope this helps. It is much cheaper than buying probiotics and tastes good too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (1)