CureZone   Log On   Join
lacto-fermented veggies?

Qwer Views: 1,424
Published: 16 years ago

lacto-fermented veggies?

Anyone make their own cultured veggies?

I'm trying to make some, with carrots, using sauerkraut as a starter. I used the same jar the sauerkraut came from, a 750mL glass jar, and put about 1 pound of sliced organic carrots. I pressed on him to try to extract as much juice but it didn't work very well. I mixed some filtrated water with leftover sauerkraut juice and some Sea Salt , to make sure the whole thing is underwater. I added a chinese cabbage leaf on the top, because it makes it look better and keep the carrots from trying to float.

I don't know which bacterial cultures are in the sauerkraut, I contacted the company about it.

I believe fermented veggies have some high potential at being a source of highly available minerals (and vitamins), and as a probiotic of course.
I'm unconfident about this, but fermentation might also break down oxalic acid, which would make spinach a very good calcium source.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

2.141 sec, (1)