CureZone   Log On   Join
Cure ? for oral/nasal candidiasis

robapacl Views: 4,664
Published: 13 years ago

Cure ? for oral/nasal candidiasis

It may be a bit premature but the nasal candidiasis I have suffered from for about 8 years appears to be in remission. It was initially diagnosed by a local doctor, Nystatin prescribed with no instructions for use, was apparently arrested but reappeared about 6 months later as a chronic condition which could be contained but not eliminated by Nystatin. A year later, I developed stringy mucous in the right eye which rendered normal vision impossible. Flucanizole was tried subsequently on a 4 dose/ 4 week regimen with temporary respite and a return to the previous conditions after the course was over. The condition became aggravated about 4 months ago, requiring larger doses of Nystatin for containment. The instructions " swish 4 times a day " were useless, since the only evidence in my mouth was variable patchiness on my tongue. Despite my ignorance of the physiology of the nose, sinus cavities and tear ducts, I tried putting my head back and down to allow the Nystatin to penetrate these areas as much as possible, breathing out through the nose and rolling the head in the process. After about 3 months of this, the character of the mucous changed significantly and the eye irritation became much more pronounced. I decide to cease using Nystatin to see how severe the mucous would get. To my astonishment, there was none. It would appear that I had sensitized myself to the Nystatin. There is still excessive tearing, presumably from the prolonged irritation but no evidence of candidiasis. I might add that after going to Mass Eye and Ear for the initial diagnosis of my eye problem, no connection was made with the candidiasis by any of the 5 doctors there that I consulted with, including Harvard Med Faculty. I made the connection myself after reviewing the sequence of events preceding the onset of the problem, and requested the Nystatin from my doctor, who trusts my judgment. The results verified my supposition. I am writing this to inform any possible victims that there appears to be little help from the medical profession available. Candidiasis, likw whooping cough, is apparently not discussed in school. And the instructions for use of Nystatin was probably copied from an old Listerine bottle. With 10 million, I read, chronic sufferers out there, I'm sure there are many others having problems similar to mine. I hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.891 sec, (2)