CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: To Amanda

objoyfl Views: 2,303
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 299,582

Re: To Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Kind of long answer here for you, so please bear with me.

I had to look back through all the test results I have... 2 BIG notebooks FULL! I found it. It is from 9 years ago. I called my holistic dr. and asked what it costs now and the recpt. said they don't use Great smokies anymore as the original folks sold out to another company and they are no longer very throrough or accurate. Their methods have changed for the worse, in other words. So my doc uses someone else. The recpt. told me to call back Monday and she would look it up.

With this particular testing method I didn't take a lot of pills. It was one or two caffein pills and one or two acetominophen pills. That was all. I was still borderline well/sick but felt no ill effects.

The test printed out 2 pages of diagrams of personal metabolic pathways for 3 detoxificatiion challenges: Caffein (for caffein clearance - Phase I) Acetaminophen (for phase II test, which included Glutathione Conjugation, Sulfation, Glucuronidation) and Free Salicylic Acid recovery which had something to do with Glycine conjugation in phase II and also had something to do with phase I.

The printout also gave graphic ratios of the results and another page of graphic representation of free radical markers, which is too complicated to go into.

There was also 3/4 of a page that gave a verbal dialog of my results and the differences between phase I and II. It also talks about the possible causes of detoxification imbalance and what happens to the phase II detox in the presence of free radical production caused by a rapid phase I detox.

It turns out that my phase II is normal but because phase I is so rapid the great gap between the two is affecting the phase II in the long run. Glutathione and other Antioxidants are essential to help shift the balance away from oxidative stress. It also says that under the stress of oxidation due to imbalance of phase I/phase II that illness is usually present.

So that means that many of us here may be predisposed to candidiasis because of this phase I/phase II imbalance. Interesting, huh?

Anyway, if I had another test done (which I probably won't) I would want all of these things in the test. And yes, I think it was worth it. To me, any test is worth it if only one piece, one word or clue, is gleaned. It took me years to add up all the puzzle pieces and I'm still searching. Every bit helps.
obj

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.531 sec, (2)