I can just see the book: "What's in your fridge? Is the word 'no' getting you down?"
Better to have vegs or at least sprouts every time you eat, vegs cooked or raw, whichever you can tolerate best.
- Quickly scrambled eggs with zucchini and alfalfa or sunflower sprouts, flax or olive oil and chopped raw garlic.
- Nut butter with raw bell pepper (red, yellow, purple are best)
- Hummous and raw or steamed vegs with raw garlic
- Some people can tolerate a bit of brown rice. If so, try one or 1/2 organic brown rice cake with nut butter (almond) and sprouts
- Sliced avocado, tomato, some black or pinto beans, apple cider vinegar and olive oil, raw garlic, herbs, raw sprouts. I just put the avocado, tomato, beans on a plate, put on ACV, OO, and herbs (or italian dressing) then garlic and sprouts in that order.
- I was able to eat Rye Vita brand rye crackers. They have no yeast or sugar. Usually one, sometimes 1 1/2 crackers. They are long rectangles and come in a paper package. These are good with almond butter and sprouts or a veg meal. I just pretended bread and grain products didn't exist, other than the rye crackers.
The mindset I tried to adopt was "How can I dress up these vegetables and sprouts?" Instead of "I can't have this and I can't have that." The majority of my diet in the beginning was vegetables, which also served as a fair liver tonic, of sorts.