CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Wow! You're just like me!

hrl2729 Views: 2,388
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 296,750

Re: Wow! You're just like me!

I have to say it is a HUGE relief to know that there are other people the same although of course I'm sorry you feel so grim.
Do be careful with the porridge- I had it every day for breakfast for about 2 months and my portion just got larger and larger every morning (normally I find it incredibly filling) but I think it became the only thing that was satisfying to eat- ie where the Sugar isn't satisfying, the filling aspect was. I started getting v bad diarrhoea which at first I didn't associate with it, but then when my system felt like it was going into overload, that every inch of my body was working to get the porridge through me- I was knackered and had stomach pains until it had got out again. I realised that I was either massively overating or it was the porridge. I also noticed that I had very bad breath afterwards. I gave it a rest for a while and the bad breath went, no more diarrhoea and no more exhaustion. I genuinely believe that you can give yourself intolerances if you eat too much of one thing- my naturopath keeps telling me i MUST rotate the foods- we are obviously at peak sensitivity whilst having candida and being on this diet.
There are lots and lots of foods we can eat (although I agree not all are as nice as normal foods!) but try Erica White's book ,she has some great ideas.....pesto without the parmesan, plenty of roast veg, soup with homemade stock, mild thai coconut curry, ratatouille, frittata, hoummous and falafel, salads, lentil dhal etc. It is exhausting finding stuff and particularly trying to keep it varied - but you should definitely not being having porridge 3 times a day- keep it as a special treat.
Have you tried quinoa by the way? delicious south american grain FULL of protein, it's great in salads or with a simple mince sauce, pesto, roast veg- quite similiar to cous cous only much more delicious. Hang in there- we can do it!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

3.922 sec, (1)