CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Candida may not be the problem

boronia Views: 2,892
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 288,380

Re: Candida may not be the problem

Hi Johnny,

> Its strange though, even looking at the noamalgam website people talk about using 100mg + dosages. But maybe to start better slow.

As Andy's book was written fairly recently (1999), in some senses this is still early days for people practising his protocol. It appears that some sensitive people have found, to their cost unfortunately, that his initial suggestions of 50 or 100mgs are just too strong. This is why I kept stressing to join the freq dose chelation where the appropriate dosage is often discussed. I don't think it's so much a case of higher doses being unsuitable for everybody, rather that you don't know whether you'll be one of those people who can tolerate higher doses or someone who can't.....and the risks are too high to chance it.

>I know Andy says that mercury removal increases with the square root of dose, but side-effects increase linearly with dose. In other words better to use a low dose which doesn't give any/many side effects.

Yes unfortunately this just takes longer :(

>I thought it was 3-4 hours - i.e. every 3 hours during the day and every 4 at night. Waking up at night isn't pleasant but it is certainly doable (I woke up without an alarm). The main thing is the mental confusion - what time is it? When did I take my last dose? Was I just dreaming or did I actually take my dose - etc, etc.

Yes it's just that I'm very sensitive and some people suggest doing this with high sensitivity. I think every 2 hrs at night would be too much so I'll probably do every 3 hrs nocturnally.

>I know its not fair of me to expect you to have all the answers when you are in the same boat I am.

No, it's absolutely fine, I just don't have enough experience to guide you properly.

>I read the posts about the necessity of correct handling of the test, which is another potential headache, but for me I really need some extra confirmation. Chelation is just too much of a time/energy commitment if mercury isn't my problem.

Yes absolutely you need more confirmation! The London Clinic didn't get back to me about that test. I've also emailed Andy to confirm that the test is absolute confirmation that someone has mercury toxicity. He normally replies about 6-8pm our time so will post here when he does.

> BTW I feel really really crap emotionally.

Again, I think this is suspicious as it could be due to redistribution....but it's your subjective experience and only you know what is normal for you. It has been my experience too and I know what is normal for me and this is definitely not my normal self. I do wonder though if a generally healthy person would also feel this way after taking a high dose of ALA whether they had mercury problems or not. Or whether they would just feel great given that it's a fantastic antioxidant.
Perhaps taking some milk thistle or other liver support will help. Maybe a coffee enema would help? (assuming you've done them before) It will probably ease within a few days :)

Keep us posted :)

Anne

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.906 sec, (2)