CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What ails us

Tyler Durden Views: 2,895
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 288,321

Re: What ails us

Hi Alex,

I'm wary about giving advice re chelation as I've only been learning about it over the past few months and haven't started a serious chelation programme yet. The whole mercury issue is so tricky....what might be right for some might not be for others. I dont know what your health issues are...apart from candida of course! Have you had any hair analysis tests?

For starters though it sounds as though the sauna is benefiting you so carry on with that and remember to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Yes I would continue with the olive oil and lemon....there are other bile stimulants like turmeric, beetroot (dont' go overboard with beetroot), dandelion, milk thistle and artichoke amongst others. The liver is essential in helping body rid itself of mercury and also dealing with the chelators, though ALA supports the liver anyway.

I'm learning largely from the work of Andy Cutler...you may have read some posts recently about this on this forum....and a group following his protocol. He seems to have helped people who have been damaged by other chelation methods. He doesn't recommend cilantro, chlorella or spirulina. The latter two partly as they may be contaminated with mercury themselves, partly because they are high in sulphur and some merc toxic people are sensitive to sulphur (though not all). Also he says that chlorella doesn't really bind and chelate mercury all that well which can lead to redistribution to other parts of the body. Also some people have found using something like chlorella has made them feel quite good initially but then they've had a relapse several months later. I don't want to scare you, just relate what I've been hearing. There are two potential problems with using cilantro...

- Andy Cutler's perspective is that it shouldn't be used as a chelator as you never know how much of what is in it that actualy chelates - so you can never regulate the dose so you could get worse (due to redistribution).

- related to that....taking cilantro 2-3 times a week may not be safe...Andy says the key to chelation is to keep the blood levels of merc constant which is why he recommends frequently dosing with ALA, DMSA, DMPS (every 3-4 hrs) for 3-4 days, then just as many days off. He recomends these particular substances as they contain two thiols which is what is needed to bind the mercury and not 'drop' it somewhere else in the body. Don't ask me what thiols are, I'm just reading about it lol! I'm sure he has said cilantro does pass the blood brain barrier but that it only has 1 thiol. I will have to check this though!

Sorry for a pessimistic post!! I'm really no expert in mercury...Andy Cutler could be wrong and he won't be right in everything he says (who is?!!) but what he says makes sense to me and he seems to have done a lot of homework around the mercury issue.

I hope that helps! ;) :)

Anne

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.235 sec, (2)