CureZone   Log On   Join
Barrier to raw

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
  Views: 1,773
Published: 17 years ago

Barrier to raw

Well guys.. I have been doing so well on my transition to raw, but one thing keeps slipping me up-- I crave pasta and starches like cooked white potatoes. Has anyone else dealt with this problem? It is not just a preference, it is a CRAVING. It will drive me nuts. Today I had a banana for breakfast/lunch, then when I got home I had some raw almond butter spread on an apple, and half an orange. I wasn't even that hungry after I had all that fruit and almond butter, but it just kept sticking in my mind that I HAD TO have some pasta. I have to give myself credit though.. initially when I got home, I had taken a package of instant macaroni out of the cabinet-- but I made myself stop and eat the fruit instead, hoping it would be enough. Apparently it isn't..after waiting an hour and a half to see if the urge would go away, I finally ran to the cupboards and made a bowl of pasta, and sadly had some potato chips to go with it. I waited so long! I have always read that if you put a craving off long enough it loses power. Guess not..
I think the fact that I am able to go long periods without eating much is actually working against me. I go all day not being that hungry, just eating a couple bananas. Then when I get off work I feel like I should eat tons of food and am ravenous for refined carbs! I am so frutrated because this seems to be my LAST stumbling block. I have completely eliminated candy, chocolate, cookies, and any sort of overly sweet junk from my diet. The ONLY thing left that I have cravings for is basically pasta and potatoes. I have tried to compromise by buying sweet potatoes, and baking them and using a little ketchup on them. I know sweet potatoes are better for me than white, but I really don't like the feeling of lost control that any cravings cause. Any advice? By the way, I have a very slow metabolism and can survive on virtually nothing (maybe half a sandwich every other day) without losing weight. I have done it many times. Ugh.. I guess if there's a famine I'll be the fattest person left on the block..
-S

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.969 sec, (1)