CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Well-meaning saboteurs

Good Riddance to
Hot Flashes and More!

Nutrient-rich, phyto-nutrient and antioxidant...

More
  Views: 1,010
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 27,768

Re: Well-meaning saboteurs

I didn't eat raw stuff only during Easter.. but I did have a problem with my "in-laws" and food. We went to my boyfriend's grandparents' house, and his parents were there too. They made a dinner of cooked leg of lamb, with some other gross stuff. There was nothing there I wanted to put into my body. They kept scowling and saying I should try the lamb because it was delicious and they were sure that if i tried it i would like it. I explained that I don't eat lamb because I used to have a pet lamb and that it was a horrible thought to me. They acted like I had insulted them personally and kept badgering me to put some lamb gravy on my bread, since i could taste the meat without actually eating it. I said eating lamb gravy wasn't any different to me!! I finally had to leave the table for a few minutes because they simply wouldn't drop the subject and when I came back they just kept glaring at me. I can't imagine what leads people to be so pushy about food. If someone doesn't want to eat something they consider a pet, I would totally understand!! They would never ask me to eat dog or cat! Oh well, soon we will be moving.. I have only 2 or 3 more dinners with those people and I know now to eat before I go.

-S

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.422 sec, (1)