CureZone   Log On   Join
Food getting stuck in throat, is there a remedy?

Views: 48
Published: 5 days ago

Food getting stuck in throat, is there a remedy?

I didn't know where to post my question, so posting it here as it appears to be an active forum:

I'm 40 years old, not overweight, exercise regularly, no health problems that I know of. In around 2012, I was eating and got a piece of meat stuck in my throat (esophagus). It would not go down. Not knowing what to do, the next morning, we went to the ER, and I ended up having to have an endoscopy done to push the food down. Since that time, I try really hard to chew my food til there's nothing solid left, but I've had a few close calls. Last night I was eating a green salad with shrimp in it, and food got stuck. Stayed in there for 5 hours before it finally went down. I tried all the internet remedies like drinking a carbonated drink, honey, simethicone (gas-x), coconut oil, hot liquid, and on and on.

I really believe there is a cure for everything, but I don't know about this narrow esophagus, what causes it, and what, if anything there is I can do to fix it so that I don't have this keep happening. The problem now is that I literally cannot afford for it to happen. I have lousy health insurance where everything is subject to the deductible, and high out of pocket max, so a visit to the ER would cost thousands. Back when it happened in 2012 I had good insurance and it didn't cost a lot. The doctor told me it was caused by acid reflux and wanted to put me on a PPI, but I know those are dangerous and they're not a cure so I didn't take them.

Based on existing videos and posts on the internet, I know a lot of people suffer from this. I would greatly appreciate if you have any expertise on this subject? Am I doomed? can this stricture or whatever I have be reversed? Is it scar tissue? Is it a schatzki ring?

Many thanks,
Mike in Idaho, USA

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)