CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: every knee shall bow

Views: 216
Published: 14 months ago

This is a reply to # 2,427,402

Re: every knee shall bow

Let's look at 1 Corinthians 8:6 in the context of the passage. Paul is talking about false gods. He is telling them that there is only one true God. This passage is also another one which proves the deity of Christ. Paul is saying there are many false gods, but for the Christians there is only one true God. There is God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, who created all things. We live through Him. I know it is hard for some to comprehend, especially without further Bible study. The Bible says that God created all things. The Bible states that Jesus created all things. This is not a contradiction, but proof that Jesus is deity. Many times the term "Lord" refers to the divine. The term Lord is also sometimes used as a title of respect as Sarah used the term referring to Abraham. She used the term as we would use the term "sir" today. So in the end 1 Corinthians 8:6 is saying that the one God is the Father and Jesus. We also know from other scripture that the one true God is the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I have no more time for this discussion. So I doubt I will reply.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.390 sec, (1)