CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Session 1 Excimer Laser therapy for exfoliative cheilitis / cheilitis chronica

jsl123 Views: 1,550
Published: 3 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,404,316

Re: Session 1 Excimer Laser therapy for exfoliative cheilitis / cheilitis chronica

hey this is great! good to see some people trying some different approaches! can i ask if you could please give a detailed message about the whole procedure for example what laser they are using and what strengths they will use over the treatment and how often the dermatologist have recommended each procedure? i pressume as the strengths increase do they ask you to apply any ointment etc etc? and do they recommend you peel your lips prior to treatment? Also what is their theory for why the laser treatment could work is it anti-inflammatory etc etc? i pressure its similar approach to how people with eczema/psoraisis have phototherapy with uv light? i wonder also if ec has area has secondary infections which the laser can kill. thank you and please keep us posted and with pictures. good luck

also one last thing i noticed that you have a few sebaceous glands beginning to appear in the triangular area on the top lip which seems to be very similar with lots of sufferers wether they become over productive to help combat moisture because of the condition ec or if they are directly linked I'm curious to see if the laser rids the mucosa of them. can you please ask the dermatologist what her thoughts are on them. I use to have similar to yours but over the years the sabecious glands have spread across the top lip and are quite noticeable when the lips have been peeled and lip balm is applied. i hope once ec is treated the sabecious glands settle down and become hardly visible. because prior to ec i never had them and iv read in some reports they help moisturise and lubricate skin so my theory is they are trying to combat the dryness of the lips which is caused by ec.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.344 sec, (1)