The questions you are asking are FAQs, and the answers you are getting are FAAs.
When Archus or any other experienced water faster tells you "Nothing but Water", it is not because he is afraid you are going to find something better than water, and then you will leave this "secret water club" for good.
Anyone who has read this forum for 10 years, have come across too many messages of people ending sick, or in a hospital or even dying because they neglect the FAQ and the guidelines from experienced fasters.
Doing any one of the next things listed below while Water Fasting (fasting longer than 3-5 days) may actually send you to a hospital or may even kill you if you do not reach a hospital on time:
- running (longer than a few min)
- weight lifting (more than just groceries or common household items, or similar)
- any other form of strenuous exercise like biking, walking stairs, long swimming, walking with a lot of weight or anything else that is actually perfectly safe and healthy for people who eat food at least every 2-3 days
- smoking anything (tobacco or any other herb or powder )
- being exposed to a smoke of fire or any other unclean air
- drinking coffee, tea, or any other herb
- using mouthwash
- brushing your teeth with toothpaste
- working full time (stressful or difficult job ) while fasting
- not sleeping enough
Take care of your health, fasting is never just for a weight loss, it is for better health, not for making you sick.
On the other side, some people do benefit from taking some extra minerals (sodium, potassium, etc ) on a very long Water Fasts (longer than 2 weeks), as some people do get depleted due to drinking too much water, or due to not having enough to begin with, so the simple rule "Water Only" is not to be followed blindly 100% all of the time, instead listen to your body, respect your symptoms, and see if maybe some of the symptoms you are experiencing are symptoms of serious mineral deficiency.
Serious mineral deficiency can also make you sick and can even kill you. The risk of mineral deficiency is higher on a longer fasts and also for people who drink too much water every day.