letmeheal, i have similar problem like you. A couple things I've tried that seems to help :
- Sleep before 10 pm. If I slept past that, I'm tossin and turning like crazy. It take a while to be able to sleep at that time if you're used to sleep past 10 pm, but it can be done.
- Healthy snack before bed. I usually took some beans and nuts.
- Glycine before bed. I have to keep increasing the dose though. In the beginning dose like 2-3 g helps. But after a while I have to keep increasing the dose. The highest I took was 10g. It seems safe.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation before bed
- Meditation. I just do it as much as I can
- Avoid blue lights couple hours before sleep. I use this : https://www.amazon.com/Uvex-Blocking-Computer-SCT-Orange-S1933X/dp/B000USRG90
- Some people find bpc-157 improve their sleep
Lately my sleep has been crap again. Not sure why. Could be because I ran out of glycine.