CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Attacks on the doctrine of substitutionary atonement...

High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as toda...

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Hulda Clark Zappers
VariZapper, the most advanced Clark Zapper! Programmable through p...

Why Nano Silver Fails
Nanoparticle Colloids are not the best option anymore, there are...

Effective Parasite Destruction
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbe...

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

High Blood Pressure?

Natural Cancer Remedies

Hulda Clark Zappers

Why Nano Silver Fails

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine

High Blood Pressure?

Natural Cancer Remedies

Hulda Clark Zappers

Why Nano Silver Fails

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine

High Blood Pressure?

Natural Cancer Remedies

Hulda Clark Zappers

Why Nano Silver Fails

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine

vektek Views: 653
Published: 19 months ago

This is a reply to # 2,357,296

Re: Attacks on the doctrine of substitutionary atonement...

A pastor's response to those tweets by Gungor:

I appreciate the author's honesty; even his verbal recoiling as he publicly attacks God, and how deeply offensive the gospel is to him as he looks into the substitutionary atonement and feels the horror of what happened on the cross. One of the great problems today is that we have sentimentalized the horror of the gospel. Once someone finally reaches this place, and feels personally the weight and ugliness of the cross, two options remain: 1) I am going to look at my sin and see it as generally not all that bad and then look at God and see the horror of the cross, and trusting in my own wisdom and judgement, I will actually judge God and condemn him for being so demanding, abusive and evil, and declare that he should go to hell as I confidently say "If that is what God is like, I want nothing to do with a God like that. My God is good and nice and kind and loving .... like me." 2) Or I will trust God and His goodness, and when I look at the horrific event of the cross, and I see everyone closest to him abandon Him at His most vulnerable and helpless moment, and I hear all his creation -- those religious and non-religious -- freeing a criminal Barrabas as they all cry out "Crucify Him, Crucify Him... let His blood be upon our heads," and I can hear my voice joining in, and I watch riveted, secretly enjoying the violence and the death, as the spikes are driven in, and my heart begins to change as I listen to the final words of Jesus, including "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do," and watch Him in horror suffer a far worse agony than any spikes driven through His hands and feet, and chills begin to run up my spine as my heart changes when I hear Jesus cry out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me!" And God's Son experiences for me the complete loss of what was most important and precious to Him and His Father -- the hell of separation, alienation, the loneliness, the disappointment, the helplessness, the rejection, the guilt, the shame, the condemnation, the burning hell of God's holy anger and punishment for sin and treason, and then all that is left is the finality of death in sin..... Whatever horror this young enlightened American musician and artist may feel, is nothing compared to what Jesus Christ Himself felt and experienced. He, with His Father, for love of us, preordained with His Father before the foundation of the world that He would actually be the lamb to take away the sins of the world. And He actually executed perfectly the eternal plan of the Father and Son, a plan that is so stupendous and profound in love and wisdom, that we could never make it up -- a thrice Holy God who is perfectly just and the perfect justifier -- that we, who are dead in our sinful self centeredness, blind to our own inexhaustible hubris, and absolutely love our sin and idolatry -- would never believe unless the Father and the Son send the Spirit of the Son into Our hearts crying Abba, Father. And then, still trusting His Father even when His spirit is ripped from his body in death, even then Jesus yet says "Into your hands I commit my spirit." What! After all that! Still you will entrust yourself to this horrifying abusive Father? And yet there is this unbelieving centurion watching all this who says what one would dare to say, even before the reality of the resurrection: "Surely this was the Son of God." And despite every effort possible and lie conceivable to cover up that we killed and keep killing God, and the horror of our deep seated daily sinful rebellion, and how we spend our entire lives trying to bury Jesus and quieten/sear our troubled conscience, the Father justifies Jesus by raising Jesus from the dead, and condemns and all the ways we exalt ourselves and our own wisdom above God's. So I actually think the assertion of the artist/musician about how horrifying the cross is to be wonderfully helpful. Jesus himself and Scripture agrees. You have to decide whose conclusion and interrelation of that horrific event you are going to believe: this young guy's rejection of the penal substitutionary atonement, or what Jesus says about the same horrific penal substitutionary atonement. You are either going to believe what you and others say about your little sins not being all that bad to require such a payment for debt, or with you will agree with the judgment of God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and all of Scripture and what we can see if we actually open our eyes, that our sin is so horrific and blinding that there was and is no other way of salvation for such wretches as we are save God, instead of demanding our blood, shed His own blood so we will live forever in a joyous relationship with Him through His own Son... There is your choice and free will: to have your sinful autonomous rebellious heart arrested by God, so that you surrender your veneer of human freedom, and find true gospel freedom and love in returning to the One to whom you were created to belong, to glorify and enjoy forever.

---Pastor Mike Graham

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.672 sec, (3)