It's banned here too but wasn't until around 1980 or so.
So if a speck is all it takes, we are all doomed already. When I was reading through the forums about this, people were naming all the ways we've been exposed to asbestos without even knowing it. Plus, where I live, it's a polluted city anyway. People get lung cancer here without ever touching a cigarette. It's just a toxic world period. And our days are numbered anyway. But I am a cautious person by nature and always like to take the "better safe than sorry" route whenever possible. But again, there's nothing I can do about this situation, except insist on protection. And I won't be living in the house, just my dad. And my dad seems to be somewhat immune to toxins.
He's really strong healthwise for his age.
But here is what they will look like when doing removal job, from the article you linked: