CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: ivermectin

medical NOS Views: 992
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,347,297

Re: ivermectin

zimecterin caution.....the dosing needed for praziquantel and the dosing needed for ivermectin in humans does not calculate out well, I would not recommend this method after further checking into it even though I did buy some, I would buy them separately so the amounts could be calculated separately. To achieve the best dosing in the praziquantel, results in excess ivermectin dosing. Not to say that people couldnt havent gotten good results from using it, it simply does not appear to be the best way. I wouldnt say that the two meds together sppear to be a problem so much as as acheiving the best dosing for both isnt really doable through the pre combined method for horses by comparison of how dosing should be done in humans....if you attempt to calculate how much you need in praziquantel the amount to be taken ends in excess ivermectin dosing when using zimecterin, at least by my calculations?? but no harm in double checking that in case I made an error? I am human..?? unless there is some sort of synergy that I am unaware of? but medications are metabolized differently in different animals, some meds take more in a human by comparison of another species while some take less...it is always best to calculate each med separately for what a human should receive especially when it cannot be confirmed the action in a human and stick to what is known as a precaution?? I dont know I havent dug in but as a hypothetical example of what I am thinking, say horses require less praziquantel than humans due to the way it is metabolized in them and more ivermectin for their metabolism, this would create imbalanced dosing for a human in a precombined mixture.....I just made that up as an example...so if using a compounded mixture each medication needs to be calculated individually again human dosing requirements.

unless someone else has already done more in depth homework and has these answers that I dont know??

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.766 sec, (1)