CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Noob to this site, parasites.

medical NOS Views: 985
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,346,379

Re: Noob to this site, parasites.

probiotics (again!!!).....for those who dont know anything about kefir and tibicos, purchasing your own grains is best, plenty of online sites and ebay to get some, they will live a lifetime if you take care of them so its like a one time probiotic purchase and better than buying little company mixes anyways, do read up a bit first so you dont kill them by accident as soon as you get them, there are some minor very important rules like non chlorinated water, etc.....however there are some really gung ho rules that arent truly necessary unless you just wanna be all professional about it, Im not that kind, just getting the job done is enough for me......my kefir grains are in a plain old mason jar, you arent supposed to use metal storage containers, glass only, the strict people say no metal at all but just a metal spoon for a quick stir or straining wont hurt anything, you do have supply fresh nutrients (milk) a minimum of every 48-hrs, swish them around a bit now and then while fermenting, give it a good shake to break off the curds from the grains before straining, if the taste is too strong then put as much as you can into something else after it is done fermenting, make an ice cream milk shake, stir it into your store bought yogurt, just whatever works for you...it is an acquired taste you might have to start with very little added to something and gradually increase how strong you are making it until it doesnt bother you anymore....you will need your grains, store bought milk is ok, a glass jar, read up a bit, a finer mesh strainer as some of the grains are very small and will slip through something like a colander for noodles, and thats it....for basic getting by and getting the job done.....Im enough to make a professional organic person cringe I know, lol.......oh and something my grains seem to like, I put just a hint of whiskey or vodka, just a hint of something with ethyl alcohol in the milk too, Im not sure how that helps, maybe it breaks down nutrients in the milk for them a bit? but they seem to really like that, and sometimes I scrape just a hint of b complex vitamin into the milk too...just a bit of this stuff, less is more...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.766 sec, (2)