CureZone   Log On   Join
Anyone with experience/insight with using NAC while breastfeeding?

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
More
maynard11 Views: 3,198
Published: 5 years ago

Anyone with experience/insight with using NAC while breastfeeding?

Does anyone have any experience using NAC while breastfeeding?

I have been researching for a few hours, and am not picking up much, other than the general "ask a physician if pregnant/nursing".

I did find this, which was helpful:
"My mother-in-law is amazing, and is a pretty boss lactation consultant with the state. I asked her about taking NAC while breastfeeding,a nd she didn't know - so she emailed a NICU pharmacist at UofWashington, and here is the answer!

Another interesting question. The short answer is, it is not a problem. The longer answer is as follows. N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is commonly taken as an antioxidant supplement. However, NAC has shown efficiacy in a variety of chronic disorders, e.g. pulbmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, etc. Furthermore, NAC is the antidote of choice for treating acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdoses. The efficacy stems from the proposed conversion of NAC into glutathione, which is an radical scavanger in the lungs, liver, and kidney. After ingestion of NAC very little NAC, less than 5%, is absorbed by children and adults and makes the systemic circulation. Most of the NAC is converted in the liver, after absorption, to cysteine. Cysteine is a non-essential amino acid in infants and adults, but is an essential amino acid in premature neonates until about 2 months of age. In the NICU we actually give cyteine to the premature neonates in their TPN. The mother's NAC supplements are therefore converted to cysteine during absorption. Most of what will enter the breast milk is only cysteine, an amino acid commonly found in breast milk and formula. What little NAC enters the breast milk would probably be converted to cysteine when the baby absorbs it. So the baby is probably only getting a little more cysteine in the breast milk when the mother is taking NAC."
https://www.reddit.com/r/Trichsters/comments/102wnq/breastfeeding_and_nac/

But I guess, I am confused as to whether NAC is a heavy chelator and would contaminate my milk, or if it just helps to bind and pass them out via excretory organs?

Any help/info/insight is appreciated!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.016 sec, (2)