I am fairly certain that I contracted a Tapeworm from my cats. A couple weeks back I treated the pinworms they gave me & that was (or at least seems to have been) successful. But I still have bloating, pain, and thrashing in my gut. We have nine cats & half are indoor/outdoor and have not always been up on their flea & worm meds. I think I caught this sucker from them a while back & never realized I had it til now. I am tired all the time, am quite skinny and do not gain much weight, however my stomach is looking more & more distended over time. The doc said I have fibro but I think it must be parasite. Even when I got sick with the flu and lost a lot of weight all around the bloated belly was still there. I have lots of gastro issues and now that I am on oral steroids (for about a month) it is getting worse. I can feel it thrashing & moving around now. I tried Ivermectin, albendazole (alone) and also fenbendazole but it's still in there. Those drugs only seemed to aggravate it. ugh. I feel like this thing is really thriving now and I need to kill it before it kills me. :(
So anyway, I bought a big tub of praziquantel powder and some empty veggie capsules. I have also have the albendazole already. I plan to start working on this protocol as soon as the Niclosamide arrives....
But I just realized that I have "0" size instead of "00" capsules. I know that the "0" pills are larger and hold more than the "00" but i'm not sure exactly how much the difference would be. Any idea how much prazi powder the "0" will hold? Or how I can go about figuriung out the proper dosage using the "0" size?
I am 55kg. According to the the chart: 55 kg x 25 mg = 1375 mg of praziquantel required per dose. Which would be two and 1/3 capsules of the "00" size. Stuffing two "0" pills packed with praziquantel should probably suffice to at least be equal than two and 1/3 of the "00" size caps.
I'm wondering if it be a terrible idea for me to do that though. I definitely don't want to underdose. I want to KILL this worm thrashing around inside me. But I also want to make sure if the dose is a little high that is alright. If it is very dangerous then I won't bother. But if it is relatively safe to take a slightly higher dose than needed then I will go ahead and use the "0" caps that I have.
Any help on how I should proceed will be greatly appreciated. :)