CureZone   Log On   Join
Rethinking career due to adrenal fatigue

jheard89 Views: 1,407
Published: 5 years ago

Rethinking career due to adrenal fatigue

Hi,

I've recently been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue/HPA axis dysfunction after suffering from chronic fatigue and Depression since my early teens (27 now).

I'm currently working as a research assistant (marine biology) and had been planning to begin a PhD towards the end of this year, however, given a recent relapse/burnout I'm starting to question whether or not I'm suited to this line of work. My brain fog is so bad right now that I'm simply unable to do my work.

I've arranged a meeting with my bosses early next week, where I'm planning to tell them that due to my current health issues, that I think what would be best for me, is if I leave my job and concentrate on healing my mind and body.

I'm not really sure what I plan to do next. I would like to think that once I've taken the time out necessary to sort myself out, that I might be able to return to my line of work. However, deep down, I think that because of my susceptibility to anxiety and depression, that working at such a mentally demanding job, in a field which I feel requires me to overthink and encourages my perfectionism, would only cause me to relapse once more.

So my question is, has anyone had to completely rethink their career and lifestyle in order to manage their condition, and ultimately, lead a happier and healthier life?

How did you come to terms with leaving something, that you may have never imagined yourself not doing?

Or perhaps you were able to return to your old line of work once you had managed to recover?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.172 sec, (1)