CureZone   Log On   Join
Some People Require more than 50mg per day.

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
Stargazer1111 Views: 1,535
Published: 5 years ago

Some People Require more than 50mg per day.

Interesting observation.

I seem to require about 100mg of Iodine daily. I had been taking 50-55mg daily since February and, while I have seen improvements, I still had some major issues.

Anytime I would eat anything fermentable in the gut, like fruit or garlic, I would get major candidiasis symptoms and thyroid issues. The most notable of these is severe bloating and gas in the intestines and a cardiac arrhythmia that the doctor's can't find the cause of.

Anytime my candida symptoms flare, I also get symptoms of thyroid dysfunction.

I switched to 100mg of Iodine and all of this disappeared, even when consuming things that could flare candida.

The funny thing is, that on 50mg of Iodine my blood Sugar would spike to about 130mg/dl after a meal that contained 30-40 grams of carbs. After switching to 100mg of iodine, my blood Sugar seems to only spike to about 95 mg/dl even after increasing the carb intake to 50 grams per meal.

With both dosages my fasting blood Sugar is in the mid-80s. This indicates that Dr. Flechas is correct about iodine and insulin resistance.

I know iodine kills candida. But, I also know that Dr. Abraham suggested that some people cannot retain or utilize iodine in amounts less than 50mg because of a damaged symporter.

I suppose I could be one of those people.

I also actively avoid goitrogens. I only drink pure distilled water and use a non-fluoridated toothpaste. And I minimize my shower exposure.

Currently I take:

12grams of vitamin C (3 every 4 hours)
100mg of iodine (50mg twice daily)
5,000 IU Vitamin D3 (in addition to sun exposure)
Vitamin E complex (with all forms of the vitamin from palm oil)
400mg magnesium from magnesium glycinate (200mg twice daily)

I also want to point out that your thyroid needs carbohydrates. I did a zero carbohydrate diet for 6 years to control blood sugar and it seems to have destroyed my intestines and messed up my thyroid. It wasn't until I added back in some "safe" starch in the form of white rice and potatoes that my thyroid function even started to normalize.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (1)