CureZone   Log On   Join
Kidney concerns please help!

Ralph74 Views: 1,392
Published: 5 years ago

Kidney concerns please help!

Need help. My serum creatinine has been on the border of high for 13 years. In 2002 i was on levaquin for 5 months for a prostate infection and then contracted giardia shortly after which destroyed my digestion. i have had nonstop GI ussues ever since.

Shortly after my creatinine on routine blood tests started showing up at 1.4. It stayed there for a few years. During that time i did the urine creatinine test and had a kidney ultrasound and both were normal. Also never had protein in my urine. Then from 07-15 by creatinine went back to the normal range and stayed at 1.2/1.3. Now its is back up to 1.4

I finall saw a nephrologist and he thinks there is probably some reduced renal function but he is not sure why. he just ran a microalbumin test on my urine so i will have results next week.

I am concerned about this and am now sure what to do if i do have a positive result on my urine. it will obviously mean i have decreased renal function. obviously whatever it is its in the very early stages so what will i be able to do to make sure this does not progress if it is an issue?

Also i take magnesium citrate daily (about 600-1000mg). my docs all say its fine but could this not be good for my kidneys? i definitely need magnesium cause without it i wont go to the bathroom.

​thanks for listening!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.391 sec, (1)