CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Exfoliative Cheilitis or just severely chapped lips?

Tergot223 Views: 1,539
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,305,383

Re: Exfoliative Cheilitis or just severely chapped lips?

I think everyone could benefit from a colonic, Liver Flush etc, but that's not to say this is the cause of the problem. I've read the same things as you about lip health being related to the lining of the stomach. If it's a wound though you could have the best digestive system in the world and it wouldn't make a difference.

From this link http://dentistryandmedicine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/lesions-affecting-lips-oral-medicine.html

I can only relate to the lip licking dermatitis, and exfoliative dermatitis. They both appear to result from the same causality (licking/biting). You might say well there must be an underlying problem for us to have wanted to bite the dead skin off in the first place, but for all we know that could have been severe dehydration or anxiety. I remember biting my lips a lot as I was a very nervous child. I'm pretty much convinced I caused my EC from biting the inside of my mouth and stripping the sensitive layer of skin with my teeth. Ever since the lips have been trying to recover, and as the skin is so sensitive it is affected by temperature/climate fluctuations. Rubbing off the build up leaves them lovely looking but this lasts a few hours until they dry out and tighten up again because the skin has not healed over, it is still sensitive enough to respond to the cold/hot temperatures. I can feel it and watch it after a shower, if the build up comes off the lips tighten up (the top layer of skin dies in order to protect what is underneath). Everything gets very dry and tight to the point where I can't smile without tearing the skin of the lips.

The other thing is Daniel appeared to be living in a warmer climate when he was attempting the leave them alone method, and he wasn't healed in a year and a half, so living in the UK where it is cold most of the time, I think there is even less chance of my lips healing with this method. It's mostly cold, dry air all year around.

I'm not saying I'm right with the constant moisture (aquaphor) method by the way, I just think we need to look at the fact Daniel has cured his EC with this method and the leaving them alone method didn't work for him. I've finally taken on board this approach, I'm hoping this is the final detour/hurdle I'm going to have to make on my journey to a cure, after so so many. Personally I find one application of aquaphor in the morning is enough to last the entire day, provided I don't get the lips very wet or scoff down loads of food with sauce, for example. Leaving it on overnight seems to make it last longer into the day, compared to if I was to apply in the morning. The aftertaste of this stuff when left over night is not nice, it's a clammy sort of taste, but a small price to pay really. Once I'm cured I want to go travelling around the world and go for as long as I can. I feel like I have been in prison for most of my life, a mental prison where this condition has dictated to me how I can live. I feel as though I have a few months left of this prison. I can't wait to fall in love. just a little more patience required.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.453 sec, (2)