CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Exfoliative Cheilitis or just severely chapped lips?

Cottonmouth Views: 1,707
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,304,676

Re: Exfoliative Cheilitis or just severely chapped lips?

Yes, I suffer from this horrible condition for 5 years now. I think I managed to heal my upper lip because the peeling there stopped.
What I did was, I licked my upper lip all day everyday for 2 weeks and then applied Aquaphor on top. Just gently lick the white skin until it comes off. It might be the saliva or Aquaphor or the combination of both that helped.
My lower lip is still peeling and inflamed.
I think the cause of ec is dehydration of the skin cells and it needs to be hydrated to heal. That's why a lot of ec sufferers get fordyce spots on their lips.

How long do you have EC?
From what you're describing, it seems like you're at the early stages of ec with little to no inflammation. However, you will get inflammation eventually as it gets worse. (your lips will be bigger and will be more difficult to use)

Well, I'm also kinda new here and believe me talking to people on here with the same condition supporting each other helps a lot.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

3.125 sec, (1)