CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone have a delicious vegetable soup recipe?

teachtheword Views: 1,174
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 229,217

Re: Anyone have a delicious vegetable soup recipe?

I make a great veggie soup even if I do say so myself. I put usually one large sweet onion diced in a pan. Add a small amt of olive oil and saute. Then I add one finely diced clove of garlic. Let it get clear but don't brown it or it will get bitter. I slightly brown my onions cause I love the flavor when they carmelize in the soup.

Next add your favorite like carrots, celery, squash (yellow and zuchinni), green beans (fresh or frozen), and fresh cabbage sliced thin. I add a few baby potatoes towards the end cut in 1/2 or 1/4 depending on size. I add organic veggie broth. I get mine at kroger or whole foods. It is made by pacific. It's delicious. I add 2 large cardboard containers. Then enough water to fill up a big pot.

I usually end up eating half (including serving the family) and then freezing 1/2. I like to cook big and freeze. Otherwise cut down on the portions.

Enjoy!!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.781 sec, (1)