CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What are my symptoms telling me?

BurntMarshmallow Views: 533
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,284,369

Re: What are my symptoms telling me?

Hi Markrule, I saw some of your other posts on cure zone and want to help. It looks like your main concerns are acne, grey hair and hair loss. Some of your other symptoms do sound like low thyroid, but your Thyroid numbers look fine.

I can commiserate with the grey hair thing. I got my first grey hair when I was 17. By the time I was 30, my mother was telling me it was time to dye my hair. Ten years later and I have started getting a few white eyebrows and eyelashes. I think part of this is genetic. My grandmother's hair went white by the age of 30. A copper deficiency is the other thing that I am sure contributed to my premature greying. I also have other symptoms of copper deficiency like spider veins in my legs that appeared way to early in life. High LDL cholesterol, low white blood cell count and elevated liver enzymes are also things that can point to a copper deficiency. These can come and go quickly and your blood work results will depend on your copper status during the prior week. Humans do not store much copper and will eliminate excess quickly from the body. It's important to get copper every day. Zinc in amounts greater than 30mg a day can block copper absorption. Vitamin C and iron taken with copper will interfere with copper absorption.

Copper deficiency lowers your white blood cell count, particularly your neutrophils which fight bacteria and fungus. If you have low copper, it could affect the bacteria and fungus living on your skin. Just like the gut has good bacteria and bad bacteria, so does the skin. Ideally, your face would have a mix of bacteria living there that would be compatible with your body and not cause acne. This "good" bacteria would help protect your skin from "bad" bacteria that you came in contact with from colonizing. The conditions of your skin, oil levels, nutrient content, all affect the environment of your skin and what type of bacteria can live there. This is the same for the mouth, and gut and as scientists are discovering: every part of our bodies. Acne is a sign that the biome of your skin is out of whack. Copper deficiency could have led you to overgrowth of bacteria or to altered bacteria biome, which then made you get on Antibiotics which kill bacteria indiscriminately. Ideally you'd resolve your copper deficiency and go off the Antibiotics and your own body would keep the bacteria on your skin in check. But how to make that transition without your Acne going crazy? Not sure about that, but some online research into this might help you figure that out: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/25/magazine/my-no-soap-no-shampoo-bacteria-rich-hygiene-experiment.html?_r=0

Low thyroid can cause hair loss. Do you drink tea? I noticed in a post you wrote that you stopped drinking coffee. If you've switched to tea (green tea or black tea, or any tea made with these) be careful! Tea contains a lot of fluoride which can lower thyroid function without altering thyroid blood work. This happened to me in a huge way, so I know it's a real thing. Herbal tea like mint or orange blossom is fine.

Seborrheic Dermatitis could be fungal. That would fit with a copper deficiency as well, because of the low neutrophil count. One way to tell if it's fungal is that using a steroid cream would make it worse. Using an anti fungal cream, like an athlete's foot cream, would make it better.
https://nationaleczema.org/seborrheic-dermatitis-essential-facts/

Biotin is good for the hair, skin and fingernails. Egg yolks are high in biotin, but you must only eat the yolk. The whites have an ingredient that binds up the biotin so you don't absorb it. Eating egg yolks by themselves is also a great way to get choline, which is an important nutrient most of us are deficient in. It's good for anxiety, Depression and liver health. Biotin and choline are also available as supplements.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.797 sec, (2)