I saw the naturopathic doctor today--he was from the breastcancerchoices.org website list of Iodine literate physicians (he is in Prescott, AZ--we are moving there in January).
- He wants me to have the antibodies retested at the beginning of December.
- He said he that it is not typical for Iodine to directly cause an increase in antibodies but indirectly it can (with a rise in TSH).
- He said that since I had been off the Iodine for a few days that I should wait to restart until after the antibodies' test--this was there would be a true comparative to see if the iodine was affecting the test.
- He was very helpful and put my mind at ease that antibodies' are not the end of the world (especially since I don't have serious hypothyroid issues), and that a lot of people live their whole lives with increased levels and asymptomatic.
- He looked at my other lab work (not thyroid related) and thought I was in great health (good vitamin d numbers, very low triglycerides, etc.)
So, my plan is to start a maintenance dose of iodine in December after I have my Thyroid lab results. Thanks again, everyone, for all of your input and suggestions!