CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The use of antibiotic cream in a constant moisture routine.

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
rcb Views: 1,217
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,283,516

Re: The use of antibiotic cream in a constant moisture routine.

The Antibiotic I use is Equate triple antibiotic. It is a generic version of neosporin. Either one should be available at walmart or any drug store. It looks like that is only about 2 dollars. The moisturizer i'm using is Cerave Moisturizing cream ( normal to dry skin). It is basically the highest rated skincare moisturizer amongst the skincare community. I got mine for 7 dollars through the add-on item deal on amazon but the price is usually higher :/ . I know that both these items should be available at walmart. . I bought this stuff for my face but ended up trying it on my lips and it keeps them hydrated all day. Read some of the reviews you'll see the praise for this stuff. If you don't feel like dropping the cash yet i will update my progess if I end up peeling or it heals :). I'm interested how this will affect a more severe case of EC as mine has already mostly healed.
- I had added links in this post but I am not allowed to link yet under the site's rules. Search "Cerave moisturizing cream" in Amazon it's the highest rated one. For the triple Antibiotic search "equate triple antibiotic" or "neosporin" in google or amazon.

EDIT 1: Let me just add a thought i just had. For those of you who think your EC is caused by an autoimmune disease (your immune system is works against itself such as in AIDS or Lupus), a fungal overgrowth from too many Antibiotics (Candida albicans) or some other condition you feel might be your problem. If any of these are actually the cause of your EC, then that is an even greater reason for you to apply Antibiotics to your lips. Your body only produces so many white blood cells to try to maintain the homeostasis in your blood and gut. If you have any of these conditions you need to help your immune system and take care of the infection in your lip first. Occam's razor states the most obvious solution is usually the correct one. So before spending hundreds of dollars on tests for Candida ( which there is no clinical proof to the effects of candida overgrowth) first treat your EC like it is most basic of injury, as a wound.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (1)