CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Iodine Makes Other Things Work Better

Montmorency Views: 776
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,263,996

Re: Iodine Makes Other Things Work Better

From a Pauling perspective, even 3 grams per day is relatively small. You might wander over to The Vitamin C Foundation website & forum and take a look. Some great information on there. (I don't speak for them, by the way, I'm just an interested reader of what they have to say).

I'm still trying to find the best way or ways of integrating the Iodine Protocol in with the Pauling Therapy (for cardiovascular disease).

We know that Iodine and vitamin C interact. On that subject, someone over there told me the following:

If you put a couple of drops of Lugol's into dilute L-ascorbic acid, it will immediately clarify, instead of going the usual red-y-brown-y colour. And when you drink it there is no taste of iodine. The Iodine has all been reduced to iodide.

So you have more Iodide to fix the things that Iodide is good at fixing.

Furthermore, a small part of the ascorbic acid is turned to dehydroxy-ascorbic acid, which is apparently better absorbed by the body.

So that's 2 positives.
However, the negative is that you no longer have the elemental iodine to fix the things that elemental iodine is good at fixing.

So I am planning to try the following for a while:

Take half my daily dose of Lugols with dilute ascorbic acid, so I'm getting all potassium Iodide plus ascorbic acid plus small amount of dehydroxy-ascorbic acid.

Then at another time of the day, without taking vitamin C for a few hours before or after, take the other half of my daily dose as just Lugol's in water, to get the benefit of the elemental iodine. May have to fine tune this in the light of experience, and I've only really recently started on the Iodine protocol, so am only on a few drops per day at the moment.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.820 sec, (1)