CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Symptoms, looking for advice

joegrane Views: 2,187
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,265,186

Re: Symptoms, looking for advice

The body makes T4 from the amino acid tyrosine and iodine. Selenium is involved in the conversion to the more active T3. Some say zinc is also involved.

Tyrosine is also used to make the catecholamine neurotransmitters. A lack of Cats or other problems with related systems are thought to be involved in ADD.

So maybe you'd benefit from more tyrosine or its precursor Phenylalanine or both.

Regular water also contains fluoride which competes to some extent with iodine. Maybe you'd benefit from a little additional iodine; however, I'm not convinced about the megadoses of I. that some people recommend.

Se is one of my magic pills, but that might be due to the cadmium and lead problem I have/had. Se warms my hands, etc

AA's are a complex subject but finding the right combo can be wonderful for some people.

I started on 500mg tyrosine 2x daily; however I later learned that in order to get a more consistent effect I needed to take it more frequently.

I also used a multi AA supplement for a while with some good effect. Now I more commonly use whey powder and selected AAs for my situation.

Getting the AA containing protein in the AM certainly helps rather than the sweet junk I used to eat in the AM.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.217 sec, (1)