CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: photo observations

maybelle180 Views: 1,630
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,250,383

Re: photo observations

Addressing more of your comments:
The bee in the pic is in an upside down position, with the small, clear wings beneath the body, and the abdomen of the bee on the left, thorax in middle, and head on the right. I am trying to re-load that pic onto my desktop so I can manually outline the "bee" I am seeing. Most of the colored items are scab components. I figure they are dead red blood cells until I occasionally see that maybe they are not. The bright red spots I have interpreted to be the final point of attachment -- it's most often a chunk of my previously-living flesh and blood, gripped by some sort of talon.

Next, perhaps I neglected to explain fully the drosophila pix. The bottom pic is from wikipedia, and is in fact, a drosophila larva magnified 100x. It looks somewhat like a transparent tilted pitcher with an unevenly shaped mouth. There is a protrusion from the mouth called a "spiracle"; this is a characteristic feature of drosophila larvae, as well as being a common trait observed in my specimens. It is an essential feature of the larva's breathing apparatus, and is usually extended when the larva is "in situ".

All the other pics on the page are mine. In many, the pitcher-shaped neck and/or opening is apparent, as is the accompanying spiracle. The focus is actually very good on these pics -- and yes, the focus on the white bits is always challenging, but I think it's the actual body (or "root") of the pathogen, and I hesitate to squash it in order to get better focus while losing the 3 dimensional component of the tissue.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

3.018 sec, (1)