CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic Stuffy Nose and Anxiety that results in shortness of breath. Is there a relationship between the two?

Piuma Views: 14,855
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,242,089

Re: Chronic Stuffy Nose and Anxiety that results in shortness of breath. Is there a relationship between the two?

What kind of nasal spray where you using?

Sounds like you may have tripped your adrenals.

Same think happened to me when I was given spirolactone to help control an Acne breakout. Spirolactone decreases testosterone and increases cortisol.

Around the same time I began to experience chronic stuffy nose. It was unbearable. I felt I had two pillows shoved up my nose. This was beyond regular sinus infection. I couldn't breathe. I would have terrible insomnia because I felt I couldn't get air into my lungs. I had to breathe thru my mouth which made my mouth very dry and intensified the feelings of suffocation.

I was prescribed an oral steroid which I did for 7 days and then Flonase. Which I used max dosage every day to control stuffiness. Worse experience of my life. I went bat sh*t. I had the worst anxiety. I became manic. I couldn't sleep except maybe 2-3 hours a night. I would bolt wake in the middle of the night with my heart racing. I became manic from lack of sleep. I had epic panic attacks. I couldn't leave my house. The slightest thought like "I forgot to..." Would fill me with terror and I would go into a huge panic attack. I couldn't sit still. I talked really fast and literally had one dr tell me I was crazy. My study nose and dry mouth became worse to where I had to "sleep" sitting up with a Sugar candy in my moth b/c my mouth was so dry. Between my nose and mouth I felt I was suffocating.

I was given Ativan, xanxax and lexapro. Didn't help. I still suffered from terrible anxiety. If I did manage to sleep it was only for 4 hours before I would bolt awake.

I finally figured out it was the nasal spray and medication. When I discontinued both, my body leveled out after a couple of months and the anxiety went away. No more pysch drugs.

My adrenals are very sensitive and prone to stress. When I trip them..thru either physical or emotional stress..both anxiety and chronic stuffy nose go hand in hand. The more stressed my body feels the more stuffiness I have to where I feel I can't breathe.

Someone here mentioned Iodine which is good. People who are chronically stressed will have both low sodium and potassium levels. Add sea or Himalayan salt to your diet. Increase your potassium.

I also suggest you look at the AF forum.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

3.578 sec, (2)