CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: my error

thelaughingdogs Views: 2,861
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,242,969

Re: my error

Yes anxiety is a medical condition. Anxiety/Stress alters brain chemistry and the calm normal state of our body processes. Therefore it's starts changing the state of healthy tissues and causing sleep problems, digestive issues, skin issues, allergies, our immune system, our organs get damaged and the list goes on and on. Stress causes our body to use more minerals, vitamins, and amino acids depleting our stores and leaving us more vulnerable to mood swings and deteriorated health. The anxiety alters the limbic system of the brain. The anxiety becomes a drug and changes neuro pathways within the brain.

Anxiety depletes the important amino acids in our brain that need to be replenished. These amino acids help us maintain good moods and positive thoughts.

The reason people go from counselor to counselor and from pill to pill is that there are not a lot of professionals out there that really know how to treat the limbic system. I did a ton of addressing my root anxiety and if your anxiety is too active reviewing the stress to get rid of it makes it worse because it confuses the limbic system. All the things you are suggesting are right on because they reinforce positive calm neuropathways which calm the limbic system down. If you calm it down then bring in too much stress at the wrong time it thinks your still experiencing the stress.

Low thyroid function has also been found hugely effect moods. It is pretty common to have hormones out of balance and have major anxiety. My hormones and thyroid were off balance for awhile and it took me through so many mood swings setting off fight or flight. After being in fight or flight for awhile my limbic system became damaged making new negative neuropath ways.

I too thought there was no magic pill but recently I changed that thought realizing your moods are affected by nutrition and inflammation as well as thought. It took me over a year to get myself out of horrific anxiety and AF. I worked very very hard on my limbic system and brain retraining. I also took a little Xanax and I am on a very low dose of anti depressants because I needed them and they helped me. Sometimes your brain needs a break from the anxiety and the sooner you can get out of that state the better. I have chosen not to up my RX of meds but instead do more amino acids. I take Gaba, L-Theanine, Typtophan and a lot of Magnesium. I just added bone broth and gelatin to get Glycine and other amino acids.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.672 sec, (2)