CureZone   Log On   Join
Help: Having unusual symptoms after starting diet

DancingSweetpea Views: 1,489
Published: 6 years ago

Help: Having unusual symptoms after starting diet

Hi:

After 3 days of going on a limited diet (Autoimmune Protocol plus no fruit or starchy/sugary veggies, as per the Anti-Candida Diet), I started experiencing achiness, fatigue, mild chills, lightheadness and abdominal pain. I chalked it up to die-off symptoms.

The next day I completely lost my appetite (I always have an appetite!) and the abdominal pain got worse (I don't ever get abdominal pain like this). The last 6 days since then, I've been unable to go to work or do anything b/c due to abdominal pain (centered below the belly button) and occasional nausea. I still have no appetite and my limbs feel as heavy as lead. However, I am totally clear-headed, in good spirits and having regular bowel movements.

Has anyone experienced abdominal pain and loss of appetite after starting a no sugar/low carb diet? Neither show up in the lists of die-off symptoms I've found online.

In case it's helpful, I'm NOT taking any anti-fungals. I did start taking soil probiotics, fish oil and a digestive enzyme but just a very low dose (1 capsule/day of each—much less than the rec dose). Just in case they were an issue, I discontinued them a few days ago but haven't seen any improvement in my symptoms. Also, except for bone broth and some rutabaga, everything I've eaten on the diet has been food I'm used to eating—that is, I haven't introduced anything new and unusual to my system.

Any reassurances that this is in the realm of normal die off, or insights/advice on how to help this pass sooner rather than later (I'd like to get back to work) is much appreciated. (fyi, I've already been resting, drinking lots of water and herbal teas such as ginger, nettle leaf & lemongrass, and for the last 2 days, taking activated charcoal twice a day in hopes of absorbing toxins in my gut)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dancing Sweetpea

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (1)