It would be an uphill battle compared to when there is no infection, but i think it is possible. My reasoning is that the damage to the intestinal wall is not done by the parasites but rather the herbs and other substances you threw at your intestines. If the paraistes wanted to bite through your intestines to escape, they would have done so before your use of herbs and stuff ( i had them for 6 years to the point of severe constipation and the appearance of a 4 month pregnancy, and that still hadn't happened to me until i did the diatomaceous earth). In the viewpoint of the parasites, it earns them no additional survival points to live in your bloodstream than in your intestines. In fact, most prefer the intestines due to its availability of food and relative stability (lack of motion, pressure, etc).
The only thing that would make this more difficult is the needed to control your bloodstream infection WHILE healing the gut. Your goal, then, is to keep the infection stagnant until the gut heals, which then would not allow more parasites into the bloodstream. Then you could expect to wipe out the bloodstream parasites as well as intestinal parasites .It is much more difficult to treat systemic infections than just intestinal infections because getting the drugs to go elsewhere in the body is very difficult versus slamming them dead in the intestines.
Also, i also think that you have contracted a very rare parasite that is not addressed with ICU's protocol. I say this because your infection seems to be progressing ,and if you throw drugs at the infection that kills the bug responsible, it would kill and halt their reproduction. So my guess is that your infection is probably due to some other bug than the one youre taking meds for. It could be that you have contracted more than one or two types of bugs from that mushroom. Just my guess.
PLEASE NOTE: I AM JUST A NEWBIE TO ALL THIS parasite STUFF, SO TAKE MY ADVICE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. THIS IS JUST MY THEORY WITH LITTLE TO NO RESEARCH TO BACK IT UP!! IT IS JUST THE ONLY WAY I CAN MAKE SENSE OF HOW PARASITES HAVE ALL OF A SUDDEN LEAKED INTO THE BLOODSTREAM WHEN I THREW AT IT STUFF THAT WAS INTENDED TO KILL IT (DIATOMACEOUS EARTH)
also, upon further analysis, i think it is possible to have a full recovery without healing the gut, but it would be a very very very uncomfortable experience and much more difficult. (life is just better without parasites in every body part and it is easier to be able to hit them in the intestines rather than trying to kill them through the bloodstream)