CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: how to make extra strenght black walnut tincture

Vintage Views: 2,812
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 480,049

Re: how to make extra strenght black walnut tincture

I made Black-Walnut hull tincture in October every year for several years. I had to stop when my favorite spots got sprayed for West Nile. Hulda Clark said to use the large (liter, I think) bottle of Everclear. It's been 20 years since I read her book, but as I recall she gave some reason for using the larger size that had to do with the larger bottle containing less of the (?) antiseptic that all those liquor bottles are cleansed with.

Three days of soaking the green hulls was Hulda Clark 's recipe. She said they had to be green hulls to be effective. I tried to use the prettiest, unblemished, bright green hulls that I could find. I would label my bottles as "first quality", and then on down the line, depending on the state of the green hulls. I used wide mouthed glass jars. I think they were 5 gallon.

The Walnut trees I used were not the legitimate Black-Walnut . They were Texas Walnut. But my tincture still worked. I loved making this useful product for myself. The pinch of vitamin C kept the tincture green and potent.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)