CureZone   Log On   Join
Yogurt application for SD

itsjustmath Views: 3,614
Published: 6 years ago

Yogurt application for SD

This is a followup to my previous post regarding triggers that aggravate condition.
Dealing with Seborrheic Dermatitis for about 8 years.
Officially diagnosed about 2 years ago by a dermatologist.
First few years were minimal and manageable but the last two years have been more aggressive and harder to control.
Effected areas are scalp, lower forehead, behind ears, in and around facial hair like eyebrows and beard.
Update:
Discovered an inexpensive treatment to manage the flare-ups and keep skin relatively clear. Found it on this blog:
http://www.thenewsavagery.com/search/label/skin%20problems
Disclaimer:
Have NO affiliation with author or website, simply got the idea and have experienced great results.
Summary of my experience:
- Used a full fat all natural greek yogurt, I did Not mix probiotics in it.
- Applied yogurt to face of effected areas at night before bed and slept with it without washing off until morning, I actually rub it into skin so there isn’t much of a mask present, it does leave a dry yogurt powder residue on your pillow.
- Scalp application does increase the dried yogurt residue if you sleep with it.
- Applied it on average every other night for the last 2 months
- Not sure how long it should be left on before rinse to get the added benefits, I just chose to sleep with it
Caveats:
The treatment does not completely prevent flare-ups when trigger foods are eaten at least in my experience. However, it does minimize the intensity and duration of it.
So even though I do not consider this treatment a cure am very pleased with its ability to manage the condition until one is found.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.375 sec, (1)