CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I agree with you

JudahFirst Views: 782
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 223,089

Re: I agree with you

You all are very sweet! I come here because it's good therapy for me, and essential when I'm fasting to help me stay focused on my long-term goals.

Pepe is so RIGHT ON about the long-term lifestyle changes that are necessary to keeping the weight off. The current fast I'm doing is specifically to break addictions and make a drastic change in my thinking towards food for the future. The weight-loss is a nice plus, but without long-term changes I will just end up right back where I started (or worse!).

Most of the posts I leave are reminders to me too of the truths I'm seeking to give out to others. I need to hear it as well - everyday! Perhaps in the future I will come to a place where I'll feel I've "arrived" somewhere, but for now I'm just another pilgrim on the journey with everyone else. :^)

Day 23 and plugging along. The last two days I was simply muscling through this thing, but today I'm feeling better and actually not interested in food for the first time this go-round. Kind of nice.

It's interesting to me the issues which come up during times of fasting. Fasting certainly isn't something that just affects us physically. And if we are interested in long-term changes, then we MUST go deeper than that - to the emotional roots of why we eat (habit, pick-me-up, or whatever) and the reasons behind what we eat as well. My weekend was consumed with some emotional baggage from my past (parental issues) and took me all the way down into Depression land. It wasn't fun, but thankfully I've learned enough here to know that food would NOT solve my problem or make me feel any better. Sleep and tears were the prescription, and I believe some hurdles were overcome.

So, those of you who come to those really down times of fasting ... don't turn to food to resolve the issues. Find out what's driving your emotions (it is NOT the fast) and deal with that. You'll find yourself coming out of the fast a stronger person in many more areas than you can imagine! Thanks so much for letting me share my heart with you all.

God bless and fast on!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (1)