CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please help

dvschwab Views: 1,318
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 22,250

Re: Please help

As a former suicide counselor, your post really worries me. It sounds like you've thought a lot about taking your own life. Please don't do it. Depression is a terrible thing, and at times it can feel like anything, even death, would be better than suffering through another day. Your case sounds especially frustrating because there is this disconnect between the successful person others see you as and the hurt and wounded person you feel like on the inside. Don't ever feel that just because you have an outwardly successful life that you don't have a right to feel depressed: your feelings are your own, they are real, and you deserve to take them seriously (and others should take them seriously as well.) I don't have much experience with alternative medicine, so I can't comment on whether or not it will help you. No matter what you do, however, I hope that you see a counselor who can support you as you confront your Depression and begin to find a way out of it. There are many good counselors out there who will genuinely care about you and not force you to take antidepressants if you don't want to. You might want to try seeing a psychologist or a social worker rather than a psychiatrist if you feel antidepressants don't work for you. It's extremely important that you seek professional help in some form, because your life does not have to be (and should not be) as painful as it has become. I will pray for you, and I hope you follow my advice.

David

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.578 sec, (1)